K9academy


HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

 

 IT help needed please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Author Message
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru


Posts : 161
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-12
Location : bournemouth, england

PostSubject: IT help needed please   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 pm

you all must know by now that i am hopeless with computers,,,double post and all sorts me! lol Rolling Eyes

well....i am making great progress in sorting out my dog training business plan and will soon be able to approach
the bank to set up an account etc. however, i need to have a website up and running as part of the process before
i do this. Thats why i need the help!!! havent got a clue where to start, who to ask, certainly couldnt do it myself. Frustrated

can any of you recommend a good firm that would help me for a reasonable fee?
i have managed to work out that my domain name that i want to use is available...after that bit i am lost!!!! scratch

all input greatfully received...
thanks
gilly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:57 pm

lucysnewmum wrote:
you all must know by now that i am hopeless with computers,,,double post and all sorts me! lol Rolling Eyes

well....i am making great progress in sorting out my dog training business plan and will soon be able to approach
the bank to set up an account etc. however, i need to have a website up and running as part of the process before
i do this. Thats why i need the help!!! havent got a clue where to start, who to ask, certainly couldnt do it myself. Frustrated

can any of you recommend a good firm that would help me for a reasonable fee?
i have managed to work out that my domain name that i want to use is available...after that bit i am lost!!!! scratch

all input greatfully received...
thanks
gilly
It just so happens that I am a website designer by trade. email me and I'll work something out with you.

mty website is: www.albeedigital.com

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Samm-ban
Forum Member
Forum Member
avatar

Posts : 60
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2010-02-03
Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 am

Good for you getting your own business up and running!! cheers


I would love to start my own business..something with animals. Boarding..pet walking..something hands on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru


Posts : 161
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-12
Location : bournemouth, england

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:14 pm

thanks for the offer of help michael..you live and learn dont you? how long i been chatting with you now? a year / longerr? had no idea you were in IT!!! am still at the constructing the business plan stage and a long way off launching but i will bear it in mind and get in touch at a later stage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 pm

lucysnewmum wrote:
thanks for the offer of help michael..you live and learn dont you? how long i been chatting with you now? a year / longerr? had no idea you were in IT!!! am still at the constructing the business plan stage and a long way off launching but i will bear it in mind and get in touch at a later stage.
NO problem, I'll look forward to talking with you about it. And dont worry, the money is not a big issue with me when it comes to helping dogs, so I can offer you a great deal on the site when the time comes. Smile

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
temprincesa
Junior Member: lv 4
Junior Member: lv 4
avatar

Posts : 22
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:08 pm

Mikeey, how do u make ur thing teal like that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:36 am

temprincesa wrote:
Mikeey, how do u make ur thing teal like that?
Someone gave me a "Thank You" ... Grin

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
PomPom_Queen27
Junior Member: lv 4
Junior Member: lv 4
avatar

Posts : 20
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2010-02-04
Location : United States.

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:26 am

This is going to sound lame since I been around here awhile but...how do you send thank yous?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:18 am

PomPom_Queen27 wrote:
This is going to sound lame since I been around here awhile but...how do you send thank yous?
Below is a link to explain how you give and get "reputation points" ... The short answer to your question is this. When someone posts, you may see an icon that says "THANKS" next to the ones that you click to "reply" "quote" or "edit" When you click on the thanks button it gives that person points and turns that post green. You can also give reputations points by clicking on the [+] on the right of any post. You can also take points away from someone if the post inapproprate or flaming poists by clicking on the [-] button on the right side of every post.

Read ALL about this at: http://k9academy.dogboard.net/rules-f3/k9academy-credits-reputation-t85.htm#104

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
avatar

Posts : 334
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:07 pm

good luck with your business! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Best of wishes on your business!! When you get your site up and running feel free to share it with us! Cool

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru


Posts : 161
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-12
Location : bournemouth, england

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Samm-ban wrote:
Good for you getting your own business up and running!! cheers


I would love to start my own business..something with animals. Boarding..pet walking..something hands on.

Whats stopping you? if you really want to do it you should go for it!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru


Posts : 161
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-12
Location : bournemouth, england

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Steven_L wrote:
Best of wishes on your business!! When you get your site up and running feel free to share it with us! Cool

i sure will Steven...thanks. some of the people i have met through these pages and other sites i visit have been so helpful and supportive over the
past two years that they have been my inspiration to follow my dream. i will turn 50 in the summer and its now or never! luckily for me i have the
lovely Dobetaztic on hand now to help me if i get stuck with anything. we are doing a lot of brain storming at the moment to come up with the right
approach to the business. i need to get it right before i launch. things are going well, but very time consuming, and i am studying for my APDT
certificate at the same time!!!! busy busy busy!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samm-ban
Forum Member
Forum Member
avatar

Posts : 60
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2010-02-03
Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Quote :
Whats stopping you? if you really want to do it you should go for it!!!!

The two big obstacles at this point? $$ and space Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru


Posts : 161
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-12
Location : bournemouth, england

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:43 pm

i know that feeling well! but there is usually a way round these things... it just takes a while to figure it out! petwalking would be the logical starting point, no stock to hold and no space needed for the dog - and you get paid for getting lots of fresh air and exercise!!!! then once you have some cash in the bank you can branch out into the other things you want to do!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:15 pm

lucysnewmum wrote:
i know that feeling well! but there is usually a way round these things... it just takes a while to figure it out! petwalking would be the logical starting point, no stock to hold and no space needed for the dog - and you get paid for getting lots of fresh air and exercise!!!! then once you have some cash in the bank you can branch out into the other things you want to do!!!!!

Ohhh I'd love to be a dog walker.... might be a good idea to do something like that in a small-ish town like this!

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru


Posts : 161
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-12
Location : bournemouth, england

PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Steven_L wrote:
lucysnewmum wrote:
i know that feeling well! but there is usually a way round these things... it just takes a while to figure it out! petwalking would be the logical starting point, no stock to hold and no space needed for the dog - and you get paid for getting lots of fresh air and exercise!!!! then once you have some cash in the bank you can branch out into the other things you want to do!!!!!

Ohhh I'd love to be a dog walker.... might be a good idea to do something like that in a small-ish town like this!

it only takes a few flyers through letterboxes to find out!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: IT help needed please   

Back to top Go down
 

IT help needed please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Free phpbb forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum