K9academy


HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

 

 dogs and chocolate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Author Message
temprincesa
Junior Member: lv 4
Junior Member: lv 4
avatar

Posts : 22
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: dogs and chocolate   Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Hey isn't it interesting how dogs love eating popcorn and other people food and how chocolate at big doses makes lil dogs sick... While big dogs.. it is like it doesn't effect them. lol Sorry but i notice it.. I'm no dumby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PomPom_Queen27
Junior Member: lv 4
Junior Member: lv 4
avatar

Posts : 20
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2010-02-04
Location : United States.

PostSubject: Re: dogs and chocolate   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 pm

Acutually that is a false statement, any dog can get very ill or even die if given a certain dose. The chemical in the chocolate that is toxic to dogs is theobromine, certain amounts affect different dog sizes differently. 20 ounce of chocolate in a small dog like a pomeranian while might not kill a dog that weighs more then 20 pounds like a boxer or a husky. Understand? I would suggest that you stop feeding your dog(s) chocolate!

Information source and to read more information:
http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/question348.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
temprincesa
Junior Member: lv 4
Junior Member: lv 4
avatar

Posts : 22
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: dogs and chocolate   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:46 pm

I know that, but MILK Chocolate, small amounts.. will make dogs sick. I DO NOT feed my dogs CHOCOLATE. You did not understand my meaning when I said chocolate, not like i go HERE is a pound of Chocolate doggy, go EAT IT UP!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: dogs and chocolate   Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Everything depends on the dog, there are little dogs that can eat chocolate and not get sick others can get very sick, there are big dogs that eat chocolate and some get sick others don't.

Milk chocolate or not, its not good for dogs and there is no reason ever to give them some. Even if it weren't toxic to them they don't need sweets as this can give room for some nasty tooth problems later on. And while, yes, milk chocolate is diluted, to say that its not toxic to dogs would be the almost similar to say that arsenic diluted in water isn't poisonous to us...it doesn't make sense.

Glad to hear that you personally don't feed your dogs chocolate though.

I'm closing this thread as I think we won't get much more out of this conversation Wink

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: dogs and chocolate   

Back to top Go down
 

dogs and chocolate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Health -
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum