K9academy


HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

 

 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Author Message
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:03 pm

1. Take them along on errands, going to pick up kids from school, or going to stop by some place quickly. Of course don't leave your dog in the car if its hot!

2. Sleep with them. This doesn't necessarily have to be on your bed, but sleeping in the same quarters can definitely mean much to your dog.

3. Find things you both like to do. If you like going swimming, hiking, running, etc take your dog along! Think of hobbies you have in which you can include your dog.

4. Multitask. If you are busy around the household you can still include your pooch by giving him commands such as a sit-stay or down-stay. Or if you are watching TV you can most definitely use this time to groom your pooch.

5. Your Family. If its not possible to spend much time with your dog, and you have other members in the family, see if someone can be assigned to take the dog along with them or be the designated walkers or players. Everyone can play an important part in the dog's life.

Article from DogChannel by S. McCullough

*Do you guys do these things? What are some other ways YOU spend time with your dog?

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Hummm, this soulds like the same ways to bond with your dog!!! Grin

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
avatar

Posts : 334
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:56 pm

aw! what a great list! Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:39 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
Hummm, this soulds like the same ways to bond with your dog!!! Grin

LOL, yes I suppose it does, however this focuses a little more on the busy life of those that work a lot etc. For many of the things we've discussed so far we have to set apart time to do that stuff (e.g playing with your dog) but this one focuses more on including the dog in one's busy life Cool

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Steven_L wrote:
LOL, yes I suppose it does, however this focuses a little more on the busy life of those that work a lot etc. For many of the things we've discussed so far we have to set apart time to do that stuff (e.g playing with your dog) but this one focuses more on including the dog in one's busy life Cool
You're right ... Just noticing the simularity ... Cool

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
Steven_L wrote:
LOL, yes I suppose it does, however this focuses a little more on the busy life of those that work a lot etc. For many of the things we've discussed so far we have to set apart time to do that stuff (e.g playing with your dog) but this one focuses more on including the dog in one's busy life Cool
You're right ... Just noticing the simularity ... Cool

LOL, we DO talk about bonding a lot here, huh? Confused ROFL

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
lucysnewmum
Academy Guru
Academy Guru


Posts : 161
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2010-01-12
Location : bournemouth, england

PostSubject: Re: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Steven_L wrote:
Betterdog4u wrote:
Steven_L wrote:
LOL, yes I suppose it does, however this focuses a little more on the busy life of those that work a lot etc. For many of the things we've discussed so far we have to set apart time to do that stuff (e.g playing with your dog) but this one focuses more on including the dog in one's busy life Cool
You're right ... Just noticing the simularity ... Cool

LOL, we DO talk about bonding a lot here, huh? Confused ROFL


must be a man thing!!!!! lol have been reading back over some of both your posts...you two are like and old married couple!!!! you make me smile bless you both!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:48 pm

lucysnewmum wrote:

must be a man thing!!!!! lol have been reading back over some of both your posts...you two are like and old married couple!!!! you make me smile bless you both!! cheers

Is that a compliment??? Hmmm idk what do you think Mike? ROFL Nervous

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Steven_L wrote:
lucysnewmum wrote:

must be a man thing!!!!! lol have been reading back over some of both your posts...you two are like and old married couple!!!! you make me smile bless you both!!

Is that a compliment??? Hmmm idk what do you think Mike?

Im not sure about the "old married couple" thing ... scratch But I'll take it as a compliment b/c she said "bless you both" ... ROFL lol!

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 5 Ways to spend more time with your dog   

Back to top Go down
 

5 Ways to spend more time with your dog

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Dog Forums :: Dog Training and Behavior -
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum