K9academy

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

New Years Resolutions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: New Years Resolutions?   Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:32 pm

New year, time to make changes! Do you guys have any new years resolutions?

I have a few which will probably change again come March but here they are

1. Keep in touch with my friends more, I feel like I been ignoring them. I mean I don't want to talk to them all the time like 24/7 other then my boyfriend...but I don't want to ignore them either.

2. Lose weight. I need to eat healthier like carrots, celery and other healthy foods instead of junk food or eating nothing at all, then keeping up with a good 30-40 minute workout. I have been trying since December and I went from a XL-Large to a M. I did fit into a small rue 21 shirt, but it was made different. I am hoping to drop down to 130, and fit into a Small in every clothing brand.

3. Get to working on my school work instead of putting off. Today (first day of new year) I completed 54 school lessons, which is equivalent to 6 months worth of school work. I am aiming to try to graduate before March 24th.

4. Start learning to be a wife, I need to learn to cook, wash clothes and especially learn to juggle everything, and maintaining a clean bedroom. It is a total mess, and I say I never have the time to clean...but I need to learn to manage my time better. There is more important things to do then sleeping in till 11-12 in the morning.

5. Need to learn to "give things up". I am very sentimental, and I don't like to give things up, so I need to learn to look at my junk and think...do I use it, when was the last time I did and so on and if it isn't needed just donate it.

6. Be a better girlfriend...I have so many problems (which are noted as sins in the 10 commandments) and I need to stop some of my sins, and be more open and honest and trust a little more.

7. LEARN TO SAVE MONEY!!! one of my big problems >.<!

8. Be more responsible...generally in every area.

so what are you new years resolutions?

When the thunder rumbles, I can hear your sweet voice tell me you love me again. When the lighting strikes, I can see your anger in your eyes that you had to leave us. When the rain pours, I can feel your hug once more. That is the power of a memory.- CJ/// Someone once said, no boy you date will ever truly break your heart but there will be one man who can and that pain will never heal. I understand them now, my dad broke my heart 1/21/12...</3...and I honestly believe that nobody else could have went out so honorably and respectfully as he did. I'll see you on the other side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions?   Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:25 am

I think mine would be to get a job and to walk more with Junior!

For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions?   Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:17 pm

My New Year Resolutions are:
1). Continue to expand my BD4U website to provide more information to help Dog owners and Prospective Owners

2). Assist everyone I can in building and enhancing thier relationship with thier dogs which will ultimately reduce the amount of homeless dogs ...

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
My New Year Resolutions are:
1). Continue to expand my BD4U website to provide more information to help Dog owners and Prospective Owners

2). Assist everyone I can in building and enhancing thier relationship with thier dogs which will ultimately reduce the amount of homeless dogs ...

Oh yes, how can I forget about site building! I need to have a least an article a month.... Gotta try to blog twice a month and starting to submit articles to article directories....lots of writing for this new year! Help!

For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions?   Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:08 pm

My personal Resolution is to continue to drop some more weight. Id like to see a reduction of 15 lbs again this year.

Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions?   Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
My personal Resolution is to continue to drop some more weight. Id like to see a reduction of 15 lbs again this year.

I could get my boyfriend to help write out little work out schedule. Its hard when you first do it, but after you do it...its easy...and it works plus he has a little nutrition guide for me like...first meal should be something low fat and high in fiber like cereal or eggs. First meal fuels you up or you should run in morning because you have nothing in your system to burn so if you run or exercise in morning your burning off the fat cells not the food calories. He usually lets me eat though first. Then a 2nd meal for lunch which could be a salad or sandwich or something small but healthy, then you should exercise an hour after eating...a good 30-40 minute exercises consisting of sit-ups, running, squats, crunches, push ups ect. Then after that you should rest for an hour, then finally have your third meal (dinner) and make it a good big dinner but also healthy. Include all of the food groups if possible. Most importantly is desert, you cannot skip that because if you do your body craves the junk food and then after awhile of not having any, you break down then give in and then you gain it all back, but the important thing to remember then eating the junk food is to always look at the serving size. Like M&M's a serving size is 8 of those little M&M's.

I remember when we first started doing exercises I was an XL in clothes (brand names from rue 21, hollister ect) and now after about a month..I am down to a M and some brand names I fit into small...not all but least I down to a M. I remember first starting and he would tell me 10 squats...I'd do like two and complain it hurt and he would make me do it, and now...I can do 50-70 easily within a few minutes and I don't even feel the pain. I can get him to write out an exercise plan and you can try doing that...after you get use to doing it oh might take an hour to complete all tasks but once you get use to it then you can get them all done 25- 30 mins flat. So I lost like 5 pounds in little time...you should try it. just remember no breaks during exercises. Sweat is what you want...Sweat is showing you that your losing and burning the fat and in exercises there are cool downs...which is like push up or sit ups that cool you down while doing exercises.

When the thunder rumbles, I can hear your sweet voice tell me you love me again. When the lighting strikes, I can see your anger in your eyes that you had to leave us. When the rain pours, I can feel your hug once more. That is the power of a memory.- CJ/// Someone once said, no boy you date will ever truly break your heart but there will be one man who can and that pain will never heal. I understand them now, my dad broke my heart 1/21/12...</3...and I honestly believe that nobody else could have went out so honorably and respectfully as he did. I'll see you on the other side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdog4u

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions?   Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Id be interested in looking at it!!!

Ive lost weight before, but it has always come back because most diets CUT foods out in order to losse the weight.

My best success has come by eating the same food but reducing the amounts. Over the past 18 months Ive lost 22 lbs. My goal is 50.

Back to top Go down
xXEvilMistressxX

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions?   Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
Id be interested in looking at it!!!

Ive lost weight before, but it has always come back because most diets CUT foods out in order to losse the weight.

My best secess has come by eating the same food but reducing the amounts. Over the past 18 mounts Ive lost 22 lbs. My goal is 50.

Congrats on your weight loss success. It is hard to keep off...I know its hard to keep exercising daily especially if there is a lot of stress going on (like for me) but stick to it is what I've been trying to do.

True, most diets cut food out but the problem with that is when you cut eating junk food out you go on a withdrawal and start eating everything fatty and then gain it back. Another problem with most diets is that they want you to cut out eating meals or larger meals. The key to losing weight isn't to stop eating and cutting it out it’s about the portion and the foods you are eating and make healthier choices. Everything has to be in moderation. We are going to talk about the diet, first.

First off, you should cut out fatty "red" meats such as hamburger, steak and so forth. Those foods clog your arteries and a big cause of weight gain. Try limiting yourself to one or two red meats a week and try eating chicken, fish or turkey (or any white meat) daily. You do need your protein to stay healthy and function.

Second we have the grains group. If you are like me you aren't a fan of grains unless it has taste and is white or Italian bread...that there is the problem. Eating white bread or other refined breads/grains don't do any good. You need to eat whole wheat grains. Recently they have been putting whole grains in chicken noodle soups, in cereal like froot loops and so forth, so when eating grains pick the whole wheat foods.

Third are the desert foods. You should have one junk food item a day to keep from withdrawal. Look on the back of the package for the serving size. I have a bag of Reese’s peanut butter cups and it says a serving size is about 5. If you are really craving the junk food eat the serving size, if you don't have to big of a craving then eat less than the serving size like maybe 1-2. If you are going to eat your desert then try eating it before exercising so that you can burn the extra calories and fat off.

One important thing to remember is to never eat the highest in fat foods when you first wake up or last thing before bed. Second thing to remember is to eat three meals a day. When you wake up your stomach and body is on empty. You need food to get going or wake up. This is usually the best time to do some exercises, before eating. You are burning off fatty cells since you don't have food in your system, but after you eat and exercise you are burning off the calories from the food. If you prefer to eat first then try cooking something like Eggs or cereal or oatmeal. Try to exclude bacon and sausage from the morning because they are so greasy and high in fat. Your second meal of the day should come around lunch and you should try fitting in your fruit or vegetables in that meal. Make a salad or a sandwich/fruit cup. Snacks are good idea too. Try eating healthy snacks like nuts or chex mix, to replace the common junk food snacks. Finally you should have your third meal of the day be bigger than your previous two meals. This is where you should be giving yourself your protein (white meats) and other food groups you haven't had yet. Rice makes a good side dish to go with the meat...They have already made rice at the store. Really high in vitamins and only takes 12 minutes to cook. One more important thing is what you drink. Sodas are high in sugar which turns to fat, if you are big on soda try cutting that out and drinking grape juice, water, milk, orange juice and the list goes on.

The last thing we will talk about with dieting is what to do when eating out. We are big on eating out in my family. That is basically all we get. It’s simple, easier and above all saves time and effort of cooking a meal. This part is the part where everyone has trouble with when dieting. The key thing to remember when dining out is to pick healthier choices. If you are going out choose subway or pick up a salad. Most fast food places are high in fat but we found that Chick-Fila are pretty low in fat. If you ever go in there they have on the tables a nutrition guide. Sit down and look at that and find the lowest in fat. Grilled is always healthier than crispy. I have a saying, "If they don't show you the nutritional facts then what are they hiding?" When you are in a restraunt and they don't have nutritional facts, try looking for "eat smart" beside the food. When choosing a side to go with your meal, always pick a salad or cup of fruit/applesauce.

There you have your three square meals a day. If you are going to exercise you should always wait about an hour after eating to exercise. Remember over-eating of one healthy thing isn't good. You have to space it out, all in moderation. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. Plus if you are picky (like me) and over eat carrots then you get sick of them and want to gag at the sight of eating them. So don't be afraid to open your varieties when eating.

Next we move onto exercising.

Some people prefer exercising twice or once a day. For me I choose once a day for about 25-40 minutes. I create a goal chart of exercises then how many I want to do. Each day you should up the number by 5-10. The more you up it, the less time you should give yourself to complete it. It is really hard when first starting but the more you do, the easier it gets. Don't try completing all of one task at once, try breaking them into sections so you get cool downs which include sit-ups, push-ups ect. Here is an example of a chart goal I made:

January 5th 2010:

Sit-ups: 25/ 20/ 15/ 10
Push-ups: 5/ 2/ 2/ 2
Run- 5 minutes (no breaks)
Jumping Jacks: 25/ 20/ 25/ 15
Crunches: 30/ 20 / 10 / 10
Using weights, curls/bench presses: 25/25 and 25/25
Step ups: 30/ 30/ 20/ 10
Squats: 25/ 25/ 15/ 10

Time completed: 31 minutes.

That there was what I completed a few days ago and I up the numbers little bit everyday. You should start off lower like maybe 50 sit ups a day or 2 push-ups a day. Don't try completing them all at once, notice the little "/ " separator. I do the 25 sit-ups then move onto the 5 push-ups and go down the line till I go back to the second row. Also before exercising remember to stretch.

There are two great times to exercise. First is when you wake up before eating and the second best time is in the middle of the day when you're body is most active and aware. Should be after lunch but before dinner.

I really hope this helps, if not please let me know and I will try to explain more. Let me know how things go though!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions?   Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 pm

some of mine are:

-read more
-take Batman on longer walks and more often
-learn to not stress so much
-teach Batman some more tricks
-get into grad school
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Years Resolutions?   

Back to top Go down

New Years Resolutions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Free forum | Nature and Escape | Dogs | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum