K9academy


HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

 

 Favorite Dog Sport

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Author Message
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Favorite Dog Sport   Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Whats your favorite dog sport to do? Are there some that you enjoy watching on tv or attending to watch?

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
avatar

Posts : 334
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:40 pm

I like watching those shows where the dogs have the obstacle courses and have to jump over things or run through things and get the fastest time. they're pretty fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:48 pm

schnauzkyLVR wrote:
I like watching those shows where the dogs have the obstacle courses and have to jump over things or run through things and get the fastest time. they're pretty fun!

Oh you mean agility courses! Yes those are really neat to watch, never been to one myself but it would be great to attend to an agility event Cool

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
schnauzkyLVR
Academy Guru
Academy Guru
avatar

Posts : 334
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:49 pm

ah! that's what they're called! Grin
i've never been to any either, but it's fun to watch them zig zag and run between those poles, lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:39 pm

I love to watch Disc Dog, Agility, and Dock Dog.

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
I love to watch Disc Dog, Agility, and Dock Dog.

Disc Dog? Is that where they catch freesbies? That seems like loads of fun, I don't think I could do it because I'm not very cordinated...there is a Wii game that has that....needless to say I failed Nervous

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:15 pm

Steven_L wrote:
Betterdog4u wrote:
I love to watch Disc Dog, Agility, and Dock Dog.

Disc Dog? Is that where they catch freesbies? That seems like loads of fun, I don't think I could do it because I'm not very cordinated...there is a Wii game that has that....needless to say I failed Nervous
Yes, Disc Dog is the frisbee compitition. It is a riot to watch. It takes HUGE amounts of training and tons of patience on the part of the trainer/handler ... If you have an exceptional dog, you can do well in just a few years. Most say that they have had to work for 4-5 years before they did well in compitition.

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Betterdog4u wrote:
Steven_L wrote:
Betterdog4u wrote:
I love to watch Disc Dog, Agility, and Dock Dog.

Disc Dog? Is that where they catch freesbies? That seems like loads of fun, I don't think I could do it because I'm not very cordinated...there is a Wii game that has that....needless to say I failed Nervous
Yes, Disc Dog is the frisbee compitition. It is a riot to watch. It takes HUGE amounts of training and tons of patience on the part of the trainer/handler ... If you have an exceptional dog, you can do well in just a few years. Most say that they have had to work for 4-5 years before they did well in compitition.

Well it sounds like lots of fun but also equal amounts of work, I was never really good at throwing freesbies to begin with so I think I would either like to do dog freestyle or agility Basketball

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Eskira
Junior Member: lv 3
Junior Member: lv 3
avatar

Posts : 14
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:45 am

What is "Dock Dog" (I tried to search the translation but I don't find).

You have dog sport in the tv? In France we can't wath dog sport in the tv.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Betterdog4u
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1139
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2009-10-19
Location : Eastern Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:26 pm

Eskira wrote:
What is "Dock Dog" (I tried to search the translation but I don't find).

You have dog sport in the tv? In France we can't wath dog sport in the tv.
It is a jumping compitition where a dog running down a runway and the owner throws a lure out in front of the dog to get it to jump.

The dog jumps into a pool of water and they mesure the distance he jumps. The call it Dock Dog because it simulate a dog running down a boat dock and jumping into a lake. The current record is about 21 feet I think

They also compete for Vertical Jump. The hang the lure above the water and the dog has to Jump to get it. The record is about 8 feet.

Here is a like to the official site: http://www.dockdogs.com/

Heres some YouTube video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS7gd6enjE

_________________
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit Patchs' Website
My Best Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit Neka's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit Chip's Memorial Website

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ABETTERDOG4U.com
Eskira
Junior Member: lv 3
Junior Member: lv 3
avatar

Posts : 14
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Ok thank you! Grin

I had already seen a video of this sport but in France that don't exist. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Eskira wrote:
Ok thank you! Grin

I had already seen a video of this sport but in France that don't exist. Wink

So you guys don't have many dog sports on TV in france?

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
xXEvilMistressxX
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 269
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2009-10-01
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:42 am

I like dog sled racing, I love the husky breeds and there power and strength.

_________________



When the thunder rumbles, I can hear your sweet voice tell me you love me again. When the lighting strikes, I can see your anger in your eyes that you had to leave us. When the rain pours, I can feel your hug once more. That is the power of a memory.- CJ/// Someone once said, no boy you date will ever truly break your heart but there will be one man who can and that pain will never heal. I understand them now, my dad broke my heart 1/21/12...</3...and I honestly believe that nobody else could have went out so honorably and respectfully as he did. I'll see you on the other side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eskira
Junior Member: lv 3
Junior Member: lv 3
avatar

Posts : 14
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 am

Quote :
So you guys don't have many dog sports on TV in france?

We have one (I don't know how to say.... For exemple BBC New is.... (program?) ) on horses and the other one on animals. Sometimes animals talk about dogs but I can't see competitions etc...

To finish, this programs are paying. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Eskira wrote:
Quote :
So you guys don't have many dog sports on TV in france?

We have one (I don't know how to say.... For exemple BBC New is.... (program?) ) on horses and the other one on animals. Sometimes animals talk about dogs but I can't see competitions etc...

To finish, this programs are paying. Rolling Eyes

Oh so you have to pay for them. Yes same here, thats the reason I can't watch them often weeping I think, here in the USA, you can see them on Animal Planet...although I'm not sure.

Carrie! Gotta say that sledding is very cool too, although I usually watch it in movies, never seen one broadcasted on a channel.

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Ann
Academy Professor
Academy Professor
avatar

Posts : 534
Reputation : 175
Join date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:03 am

I have a friend in Chicago that does dock diving with her two Rotties. I'd love to have one of mine try that. Lib won't even try. lol
Flyball looks fun. They have equipment now at the club I go to, but it will be awhile before Baloo is old enough. Lib does pretty well at agility. She's won a couple of times...when the BC's stay home. hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steven_L
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 120
Join date : 2009-09-28
Location : Southern California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Ann wrote:
I have a friend in Chicago that does dock diving with her two Rotties. I'd love to have one of mine try that. Lib won't even try. lol
Flyball looks fun. They have equipment now at the club I go to, but it will be awhile before Baloo is old enough. Lib does pretty well at agility. She's won a couple of times...when the BC's stay home. hahaha

Hehe ya not surprised that the BC's rule the agility arena! Dock Diving sounds like a great sport, especially around here where it gets super hot in the summer. I've only been to the lake once and Junior jumped in so I'm thinking he might like it? But with so much fur he's bond not to go far ROFL

_________________


For more information on your furry companion visit K9Domain!
http://k9domain.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://k9domain.web.officelive.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Favorite Dog Sport   

Back to top Go down
 

Favorite Dog Sport

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K9academy :: Miscellaneous Forums :: General Chat -
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum